Line 16 will help the East of Paris to overcome its relative isolation by connecting some of the more remote towns of the Seine-Saint-Denis “département” to the capital.
By 2023, this 25 km line will run from Noisy-Champs to Saint-Denis Pleyel, stopping at 10 stations along the way. The section between Saint-Denis Pleyel and Le Bourget RER station will be common with line 17.
Line 16 will improve suburb-to-suburb transportation, in particular for towns such as Clichy-sous-Bois and Montfermeil, currently without any efficient mass public transport service. It will offer interconnection points with the RER, métro and tramway networks and will save considerable time for passengers.
- La Courneuve “Six Routes” / Clichy-Montfermeil: 16 minutes (vs. 1h05 today)
- Clichy-Montfermeil / Noisy-Champs: 6 minutes (vs. 54 minutes today)
- Le Blanc-Mesnil / Créteil L’Échat: 30 minutes (vs. 1h15 today)
Lastly, by providing a direct connection with the economic hubs of Noisy-le-Grand and Plaine Saint-Denis, line 16 will reinforce the attractiveness of the Descartes Sustainable City cluster and of the Creation cluster of Saint-Denis Pleyel.
The schedule for this section includes consultation, study and construction phases.
Where do we stand?
Public information meetings as well as discussions between Société du Grand Paris (SGP) and the local population have taken place from November to December 2013. They aim to present the project, dialogue with inhabitants, answer questions and take feedback into account.
The rest of the project timeline includes:
- Public consultation: October-November 2014
- Report from the Commission of Enquiry: february 2015
Northwards line 14, line 16 and Southwards line 17 received a favourable assessment on February 9th 2015 from the commission in charge of the public enquiry, according to the report and conclusions that were submitted to the Prefect of the Greater Paris Region and to the President of the Paris Administrative Count
- Statement of Public Utility: December 30th 2015
- Construction kick-off: 2016
- Commissioning target date: by 2023