The “Grand Paris Seine Ouest” CDT runs across the territory of the Urban Community of the same name which comprises 7 communes in the South West of Paris. This CDT does not fall within the boundaries of a Cluster but its main theme, linked to digital innovation, relies on the well-established economic fabric of the area.
The signature of the framework agreement between the State, the mayors of the communes concerned and the Regional Prefect, took place in March 2012 and the CDT project was validated in November of the same year. The public enquiry was held in June 2013 and the final document was validated on 13 November 2013.
Main objectives of the CDT
The objectives of the CDT were taken from the Urban Community. The main themes included:
- the construction of 2,000 new homes per year between 2012 and 2027 (including 500 units of social housing), mainly around the future stations of the Grand Paris Express;
- the creation of 30,000 jobs;
- improvements to the transport network with the development of 3 stations for the Grand Paris Express (linking with the existing RER
The projects already identified include :
- The creation of 3 stations on line 15 of the Grand Paris Express network (Pont de Sèvres, Issy and Clamart) which will be the first section to come into service by 2020.
- Tramway T6 (Mobilisation Plan) which will link “Croix de Berny” with the RER C in Issy-les-Moulineaux.
- The redevelopment of the Ile Seguin in Boulogne with a focus on arts and culture through the development of a Contemporary Creation Centre and the regeneration of the former SNCF station, Pont de Sèvres into a cultural space.
- The development of an eco-district in Fort d’Issy which will include 1,650 homes
- The “ZAC du Pont d’Issy” (230,000 sq m net floor area of office space and 13,500 sq m of housing) and in “Bords de Seine” (a mainly housing eco-district) in Issy-les-Moulineaux
- The “Town-Centre ZAC” in Chaville with 35,000 sq m of housing
- The transformation of the urban structure around the future stations of the Grand Paris Express; the first studies are underway with the SGP
- The reclassification or reorganisation of main roads such as the RD 7 or the Manufacture interchange in Sèvres
Source : Institut d’Aménagement et d’Urbanisme d’Ile-de-France (IAU)